Monday, December 14, 2009

Glimpse at some history of The Ultimate Body Challenge

Happy freezing, but yet 35 degrees warmer the next week, Holiday Season! Is it global warming, or climate change?? I say it’s Al Qaeda. Anyway, that’s not what I wanted to talk about.

Six years ago, we started a new program in our academy, the Ultimate Body Challenge. I remember the day perfectly clear. I had just retired from engineering (only working for 1 year), eating breakfast, and watching Regis & Kelly. I know what you’re thinking, why am I eating breakfast so late, and watching Regis & Kelly? If you need to know, I was working until 4 am every night, and I have no excuse why I was watching Regis & Kelly.

It dawned on me that we needed a program that goes beyond martial arts, beyond Thai-Robics, and truly helps people develop a body they can be proud of. For some reason, the Ultimate Body Challenge came together that morning.

Rachel and I pulled out all the stops when it came to marketing this program since we had a ZERO following for it. I think we signed up 20 people in the program, and that was a TON of work. We had promotions and contests stacked 10 feet high. We kept with it for 2 reasons- 1) It was an extraordinarily fun program to run. 2) It provided amazing results that left people excited about what we do, and that felt good!

Then, we began to see sort of a shift in marketing. As more and more people began signing up for the program, with or without our marketing, I noticed that I was qualifying more. I was marketing in a manner that seemed to be more selective. I was no longer interested in catering to the masses.

It’s as if our marketing was making it tougher and tougher to get in. Well… it was getting tougher and tougher to get in, especially during the January UBC. What can I say? Space is truly limited, and we turn people away every January now!

So, I’ve been working on a new marketing slogan to continue my marketing trend for UBC 2010. Tell me what you think?

The UBC is So Good… There is No Room At All This January!

Seriously… if you are interested in this program, I would follow the link provided, then pop your name into the cool looking “hover window” that will literally float into your screen. It’s about the extent of my html coding knowledge.

People that get on this list; get first dibs on a spot in UBC 2010… not that there is any room or anything:).

UBC 2010 UBC 2010 UBC 2010

Respectfully,

Duncan Richardson
Chief Master Instructor
The Academy of World Taekwondo
Ph: 208.381.0587
http://www.FreeKarateLesson.com/weight-loss.html

No comments:

Post a Comment